Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Expression in Normal TissuesEdit
- Breast myoepithelial cells
- Adult nail unit
- Basal layer of: prostate, skin, urothelium, spermatogenic cells, and salivary glands
- Epidermal and epithelial glands
- Oral mucosa
Expression in Neoplastic EntitiesEdit
Expression in Non-Neoplastic EntitiesEdit
- Cutaneous amyloidosis
Practical Uses / PanelsEdit
- Usual ductal hyperplasia vs. DCIS
- Epitheliod mesothelioma vs. lung adenocarcinoma
- Has prognostic value when used with EGFR to determine if a triple negative breast carcinoma (ER-, PR-, Her2-) is expressing basal cell antigens (Basal-like breast carcinomas are CK5/6+ and EGFR+ and have a worse prognosis)
- Sinonasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC) vs Squamous Cell Carcinoma (keratinizing and non-keratinizing types) in the sinonasal tract.
Related Links/Other ResourcesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Rabban JT, Koerner FC, Lerwill MF. Solid papillary ductal carcinoma in situ versus usual ductal hyperplasia in the breast: a potentially difficult distinction resolved by cytokeratin 5/6. Hum Pathol. 2006;37(7):787-93
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Wieneke JA, Thompson LD, Heffess CS. Adrenal cortical neoplasms in the pediatric population: a clinicpathologic and immunophenotypic analysis of 83 patients. Am J Surg Pathol. 2003;27(7):867-81
- ↑ Camilo R, Capelozzi VL, Siqueira SA, Del Carlo Bernardi F. Expression of p63, keratin 5/6, keratin 7, and surfactant-A in non-small cell lung carcinomas. Hum Pathol. 2006, 37(5):542-6
- ↑ Miettinen M, Sarlomo-Rikala M. Expression of calretinin, thrombomodulin, keratin 5, and mesothelin in lung carcinomas of different types: an immunohistochemical analysis of 596 tumors in comparison with epithelioid mesotheliomas of the pleura. Am J Surg Pathol. 2003;27(2):150-8
- ↑ Chang YT, Liu HN, Wang WJ, Lee DD, Tsai SF. A study of cytokeratin profiles in localized cutaneous amyloids. Arch Dermatol Res. 2004;296(2):83-8
- ↑ King JE, Thatcher N, Pickering CA, Hasleton PS. Sensitivity and specificity of immunohistochemical markers used in the diagnosis of epithelioid mesothelioma: a detailed systematic analysis using published data. Histopathology. 2006;48(3):223-32
- ↑ BMC Cancer. 2007 Jul 24;7:134.
- ↑ Franchi A, Moroni M, Massi D, Paglierani M, Santucci M. Sinonasal undifferentiated carcinoma, nasopharyngeal-type undifferentiated carcinoma, and keratinizing and nonkeratinizing squamous cell carcinoma express different cytokeratin patterns. Am J Surg Pathol. 2002 Dec;26(12):1597-604.