- Factor VIII (FVIII) (Factor 8) - This is technically not correct. The stain is actually for von Willebrand Factor, also known as Factor VIII related antigen.
- von Willebrand Factor (vWF)
Expression in Normal TissuesEdit
- Vascular endothelium (Weibel-Palade bodies in endothelial cells store vWF)
Expression in Neoplastic EntitiesEdit
- Epithelioid Hemangioendothelioma
Expression in Non-Neoplastic EntitiesEdit
This antigen is typically NOT expressed by the following entities:
Practical Uses / PanelsEdit
- Because vWF is also present in serum, this immunostain can have high background staining. CD31 and CD34 are probably better immunostains for endothelium in that respect.