The goal of this page is to compile a list of local and national pathology meetings (including subspecialty meetings) and pathology educational/training/review courses.
Worldwide Pathology EventsEdit
- Find a complete listing on Pathpedia
National Pathology MeetingsEdit
- Pathology Visions (DPA) Annual Meeting
- College of American Pathologists (CAP) Annual Meeting
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) Annual Meeting
- usually in March
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Annual Meeting
- usually in Oct
National Subspecialty Pathology MeetingsEdit
- American Society of Dermatopathology (ASDP) Annual Meeting
- usually in Oct
- ASDP 2010 meeting: Oct 7-10, 2010 (Atlanta)
- Pulmonary Pathology Society (PPS) Biennial Meeting
- usually in June
- PPS 2011 meeting: August 18-20, 2011 (Memorial Sloan Kettering, NYC)
College of American Pathologists (CAP) CoursesEdit
- Demonstrating the Value of Pathology Services - FREE online course for residents will teach you:
- How to describe the process of creating value for your clients
- How to document the financial and non-financial value of products and services you provide
- Develop a communication plan to promote your products and services and their value
- Clinical Pathology Improvement Program (CPIP)
- 12 case-based challenges complete with background, images, lab findings and references delivered right to your desktop
- Interactive, immediate feedback lets you test your diagnostic skills in real time as you work through each case
- Access the program 24/7 and bookmark your place to return later
- Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs)
- More than 80 SAMs in 25 different specialty areas.
- Convenient Online Access
- For a complete list of CAP SAM Offerings, create a login on the CAP website, then visit the [=sam complete SAM course learning portal] to view course descriptions. Please note: You must create a login to be able to view the CAP SAMs courses. You can use your regular e-mail address for this.
Local Pathology MeetingsEdit
- California Society of Pathologists presents the 63rd Annual Convention, "Seminars in Pathology"
- November 30 - December 4, 2010 at the Hyatt Regency, Embarcardero in San Francisco, California.
- Program details are available by downloading the convention program: http://www.calpath.org/docs/2010-CSPProgram.pdf
- To register online, please visit: https://www.calpath.org/cgi-shl/TWServer.exe?EREG:OrderEvent:CSP63
- For additional information or questions, please contact Christine Feenstra at email@example.com
- Florida Society of Pathologists Meeting (FSP)
- Two meetings a year, June and February
- Next meeting, June 24-26th, 2010, Key Biscayne, FL
- Musculoskeletal Conference
- Put on by Moffitt Cancer Center and Univ. of Miami
- Every June
- Islamorada, FL (the Keys)
- Texas Society of Pathologists (TSP) Annual Meeting
- Usually in January
- Largest state pathology society in the USA
- TSP 2011 meeting: January 14-15, 2011 (Austin, Texas)
- 'Texas Society of Pathologists - 'Young Pathologists' Section Retreat (TSP YPS)
- Usually in July or August
- For pathology residents, fellows, or pathologists in first 10 years of practice.
- TSP YPS Retreat 2010: August 14-15, 2010 (Austin, Texas)
- Houston Society of Clinical Pathologists - Annual Spring Symposium (HSCP)
- Usually in March or April
- HSCP Spring Symposium 2010: April 10, 2010 (Houston, Texas)
International Pathology MeetingsEdit
- International Academy of Pathology Meeting
- The 5th International Course on the Pathology of the Digestive System
Pathology Educational/Review CoursesEdit
- University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) Annual Dermatopathology Board Review Course
- Usually in April
- Dermpath Board Review 2010 course: April 10-11, 2010 (Galveston, Texas)
- Great course with over 100 derm unknown glass slides, followed by lectures and kodachrome style quizes given by UTMB dermatology and dermatopathology faculty.
Other Meetings, Courses, SeminarsEdit
Colorado Association for Continuing Medical Laboratory Education (CACMLE)- Courses cover a wide variety of clinical pathology topics, with numerous images and exam questions at the end of a module. Visual tour modules of WBCs, RBCs, body fluids, and urinalysis provide excellent morphology review.