Daniel C Mayes, MD Penrose Hosp Dept of Pathology 2222 N Nevada Ave Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Tel: (719) 776-5816 Fax: (719) 776-2108
Write the first paragraph of your article here.
- Daniel Mayes
Other Notable Faculty
- ACGME Accredited? Yes
- Sponsors Visas?
- Allows External Electives? How many?
- Number of residents (per year / total): two/8
- Vacation Time (annually):
- Core rotations done at which hospitals? How many core rotations at each hospital?
- Average work hours on surg path? 9 am - 6 pm
- Are you allowed to do external rotations? Yes. Highly encouraged. Most residents do 2-5 months of away rotations.
- AP/CP Call Schedule
- Date Posted: 10/2011
Do you feel you have:
- Adequate preview time? 2-day grossing and sign-out schedule so no dedicated preview time, but residents given graduated responsibility eventually, only relying on staff for case review and finalization.
- Adequate support staff (P.A.’s, secretarial, etc.)? Yes. Program coordinator position should be filled soon.
- Adequate AP Teaching? Yes. Work directly with staff pathologists at double head scope for sign-out until resident is ready to dictate and sign out cases on their own.
- Adequate CP Teaching? Much of CP training is self-study, but some lectures are scheduled into the rotations.
Pros: Small, friendly environment that fosters learning and individual development. Ease of scheduling away rotations allows residents to obtain great fellowships. Learn pathology in a private-practice setting.
Cons: Not a lot of structured lectures/conferences, learning occurs nearly exclusively on the job/at the scope. No fellowships offered.
- Date Posted: