Janet Schmid, MD, Tulane Univ Hlth Sci Ctr Dept of Pathology SL-79 Rm 6519 1430 Tulane Ave New Orleans, LA 70112-2699
Tel: (504) 988-2436 Fax: (504) 988-2799
- Jan Schmid, MD
Other Notable Faculty
- ACGME Accredited? Yes
- Sponsors Visas? J-1 Only
- Allows External Electives? How many?
- Number of residents (per year / total): 3, total 12
- Vacation Time (annually):
- Core rotations done at which hospitals? How many core rotations at each hospital?
- Are you allowed to do external rotations?
- AP/CP Call Schedule
- Date Posted: 10/2011
Do you feel you have:
- Adequate preview time? Moderate
- Adequate support staff (P.A.’s, secretarial, etc.)? Yes! No PA.
- Adequate AP Teaching? Yes
- Adequate CP Teaching? No
- Average work hours on surg path? 10 hr/day
- Date Posted: 3/26/2013
Program name: Tulane Medical Center - LA
Program Director: Janet Schmid, MD
Number of residents (per year / total): 3/yr
Visas sponsored? ?
Average work hours on surgical path? 50
Are you allowed to do external rotations? Yes, theoretically
Do you feel you have:
· Adequate preview time? No
· Adequate reading time? Yes
· Adequate support staff (PA’s, Secretarial, etc…)? Yes. No PA.
· Adequate AP Teaching? Yes
· Adequate CP Teaching? No
· Graduated responsibilities? Yes
Fellowship Programs offered? Please list. Heme, Cyto, Derm
CAP Standardized Fellowship Application Accepted? ?
Additional benefits to trainees (Book Fund, Travel Fund, Other resources): book fund, travel fund (for accepted abstracts), iPad
Famous Faculty: Past=Richard Reed, MD; Current=Philip Daroca, MD
Tulane University Health Sciences Center
Fellowship in Hematopathology
The Department of Pathology, Tulane University School of Medicine, has one position available for the Tulane Pathology Hematopathology Fellowship for the year 2013. We are a fully ACGME accredited program. Training is conducted at Tulane University Health Sciences Center and Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans. The program will include training in peripheral blood and bone marrow morphology interpretation, lymph node pathology, laboratory hematology, coagulation, flow cytometry, cytogenetics and molecular pathology. The fellow is encouraged to participate in ongoing research projects. Applicants should be Board eligible in anatomic and/or clinical pathology.
How to apply:
- Submit the following information.
- Personal Statement
- Copies of USMLE Step I, II, and III.
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Foreign Medical Graduate submit copy of ECFMG Certificate
- We endorse only J1-Visa
Application can be submitted by email to email@example.com or faxed (504) 988-7389 Attn: Bea DeLucca, Program Coordinator or mailed:
Janet Schmid, MD
Tulane University School of Medicine,
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
1430 Tulane Avenue SL79,
New Orleans, LA 70112-2699;
Telephone (504) 988-2436. Fax (504) 988-2799